Paint Tutors Up – Paint Up
“Paint Tutors Up" (PaintUp), UNIEP's Erasmus+ KA2 project, has started in October 2017.
It aims to reinforce the Tutor's role in Work Based Learning involving VET Institutes and Companies in the Painting sector.
PaintUp aims to reinforce the tutor’s role in work-based learning, namely in the apprenticeship
systems with the involvement of the sector stakeholders and a strong engagement from the
The objective is to bring out, through a mapping of the tutor’s role in different VET contexts, the
common elements that could make a contribution to a painting, decorating and finishing sector
approach, motivating VET providers, schools, companies and teachers, trainers and tutors to improve
their skills, namely transversal skills, through a unit learning outcome qualification specifically
addressed to the tutors. The tutor plays a crucial role in improving the employability of the trainees
and apprentices. The quality of the tutor’s training can increase the attractiveness of the sector for the
young people boosting skills and employability.
The 7-members partnership is balanced between partners with a strong experience in European
projects and new-coming partners. Gathering different traditions on the tutor’s role, PaintUp aims to
bring together different perspectives and to establish a framework for tutors to support the painter
companies in UNIEP’s and other countries (the transnationality of the project).
The 7 partners come from 6 countries: Luxembourg, France, UK, Belgium, Slovakia and Portugal:
– 1 European association representing 60.000 Painting companies in 14 countries (Luxembourg);
– 4 Territorial organisms of Professional training (France, UK, Belgium and Slovakia);
– 1 Association managing a platform dedicated to the Painting sector (Belgium);
– 1 Company bringing together a network of international and national experts in vocational education
and training (Portugal).
These partners will act with a systematic approach, based on the territorial cooperation among the
different actors working in the field of professional training and apprenticeship.
Through a mapping of the tutor’s function in painting SMEs, PaintUp’s activities will result in:
a) a tutor’s practical activities guide,
b) a learning tool for company’s tutors in Learning Outcomes, and
c) the designing of an online course tailored to tutors.
Partners and their contribution to the project
The project gathers main stakeholders in the Construction Painting sector representing thousands of SMEs as well as recognised Institutes and Experts in Vocational Training and Apprenticeship:
– 1 European association representing 60.000 Painting companies in 14 countries, UNIEP
(Luxembourg), leader of the project, which is the unique voice for painting contractors and allied
trades, being the authoritative trade association representing Professional Painters.
– 4 Territorial Organisms of Professional training (France, UK, Belgium and Slovakia): CCCA-BTP (FR) which is a professional organization in charge of coordinating the apprenticeship in the construction industry. IFAPME (BE) which is a training centre with around 15.000 students and more than 1.000 certified people per year. SIOV (SK) which is a professional and educational institution of the Ministry of Education, guarantor for the issues of vocational education and training for the whole network ofsecondary VET schools. Doncaster College (UK) which is a VET provider with strong competences in the painting sector and apprenticeship programmes.
– 1 Association managing a platform dedicated to the Painting sector (Belgium): EPP (BE) which is a brand-new association that seeks to share the experiences/projects of UNIEP, UNIEP-related
educational institutes and manufacturers through a platform dedicated to the Painting sector (VET, students and apprentices, tutors and trainers, companies and producer).
– 1 Company bringing together a network of international and national experts in vocational education and training (Portugal): IMANOVATION (PT) which is a private sector company with a strong experience in apprenticeship and quality assurance.